1. They appear and vanish as if by magic.
2. They are everywhere and nowhere.
3. Their homes are unknown and unseen.
4. Their nation abides by a vow of silence.
5. They do no deliberate wrong.
6. They are watchful and wise.
7. In every culture they symbolize virtues and good fortune: fertility, wealth, luck, gentleness, rebirth, athleticism, generosity, cleverness.
8. Their softness and beauty disarms even the hardest heart, and warms the coldest, and rejuvenates the oldest.
9. They inspire delight and thus confer blessings on wherever they appear.
10. A rabbit’s presence makes us kind toward one another.
We make images of rabbits and give them to our children without knowing why. We create and tell countless stories about wonderful rabbits. I believe that these are acts of worship, because deep down we know that rabbits -- bunnies, coneys, bunbuns -- are divine.