Monday, September 28, 2009

Meal #53,672: Organic Beef Salad

Hawkeye and I were dining out and she & I figured we each eat 1,000 meals a year, given that we skip some, and she had therefore eaten 55,000 meals and me 53,000 and change. If you work hard and play hard it stands to rights that you should eat well. Here you see that a friend gifted me with an organic beefsteak I pan-fried and sliced and tossed into an organic-lettuce salad -- that way I got everything good-for-me in one bowl. It looked so tasty I wanted you to at least see it. Dessert was watermelon. That's not wine; it's grape juice cut with water. I never drink by myself (wish you'd been here; I would've brought out some real wine!). But I like the look and it don't taste bad either. Some time ago I realized that if I don't feed myself good no one else will!

Yeah, it's the same kind of bowl I use for grits. I have a passion for this set of 6 (now 5) Williams-Sonoma pasta plates from the middle 1990s, got pictures of herbs in the bottom.

4 comments:

Pablo said...

Nice looking meal. I like that wall in the background. Is that your place?

Divinebunbun said...

Yes, that's my porch. Native rock. It's divine!

L'Artisan said...

I remember those Williams-Sonoma plates! While I was going back and forth in my mind about buying them, they suddenly vanished from the catalog and I never saw them again. You obviously had better luck!

I'm going to try making a salad like that. It sounds delicious.

Beau said...

I could sit right down at that table... :)