Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Now I Ask You Very Confidentially,

Ain't he nice? Patrick's mowed my lawn now twice. He does it to perfection, doesn't cut any corners on these complicated, sloping grounds, uses a weed trimmer for those hard-to-reach places like beneath the hickory tree's hanging branches and around the satellite post, and today brought me a bag of blackberries picked on his farm. The bluebirds love him. Bluebirds can hunt only in short grass because they eat by pinning their insect or worm prey to the earth. Patrick is my neighbor's son, and he mows her lawn too, although mine's the bigger job, about an acre. He said next time he will bring along his own son.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

That is so neat. It's so hard to find reliable lawn people. I hear people complain about that all the time. It's so nice to hear your positive experience. Thank you for stopping by Ozarks Crescent Mural and leaving your sweet comment. I just haven't felt inspired lately, but I will eventually and I'll be posting then.