Monday, April 25, 2011

High and Mighty

Flooding is the new normal. It's been raining hard six days out of seven, and was tornadic near here (close call). Can hardly recognize this usually gentle tributary of the LaBarque that runs through the LaBarque Conservation Area, and now rushes about three quarters of a mile along the road you see up top, Doc Sargent Road. Photo was taken this morning before it began raining again. And then again! Downstate the water is higher. A rough April weatherwise, I think, for everyone. If it really really floods, I will take and post lots of dramatic disaster photos.

1 comment:

gaye g.p said...

Rough April indeed. Didn't like the sound of that EF4 ripping up or topping every tree in my backyard, or depositing a near-by roof in my yard. Yikes. (I live midway between Rose Acres and Harmon Estates in Maryland Height/Bridgeton)